Inspiration Sketchbook – 2Posted: February 2, 2017
Today I carried on again with my inspirations sketchbook, adding half a dozen more illustrations. I only want to carry on with this book into early next week after my primary research trip to London, before preferably beginning to start my experimenting / design development sketchbooks. Below are a few of my favourite sketches from today.
This afternoon I then had a tutorial with Helen, who really helped me to pin point my theme and project intentions. Giving me a list of things to consider, including:
- Basing my project around a space for one? (my initial project research images tend to show a solo chair without much around it)
- With my designs maybe covering a chair that can be used in a no tv / wifi area
- Idea of creating a place of sanctuary (daytime retreat / relaxing space) – link to mindfulness / meditation?
- Consider maybe laser cutting into fine metals? Could combine this together with soft fabrics
- Use Indian style fabrics? (e.g silks, sari’)
- Use my designs to decorate ceramics – maybe creating bowls / tiles? (Print with a block into them?)
- Consider different pattern placements (get the Level 5 form from Helen with examples on again)
Individual design for Individuals – Possible way to market my interiors collection?
This tutorial has given me so many things to consider and experiment with over the next few weeks. Over this next week I need to complete:
- Initial inspirations sketchbook completed
- Start my mark-making / illustration development sketchbook
- Undertake more primary / secondary research (into the idea behind my final collection, artists / designers doing similar things, techniques)
- Complete first draft mood boards
- Colour Palette – Start to play around with colourways