My Final Collection Design ProcessPosted: April 2, 2017
The process behind my final degree collection is very important to me, as I am really interested in hand processes to create surface designs. During second year I was lucky enough to get a place on the CSAD trip to the region of Rajasthan in India.
My design process:
- Initial sketchbook illustrations inspired by photographs from my time in India are drawn
- Development of these illustrations them begins – simplifying / combining sketches together
- Lino cut the motif created above
- First prints of the carved lino motif scanned into illustrator
- Designs are then digitalised and manipulated using different scales, repeat designs and colours.
Thinking of having a mixture of fabric samples for my final collection:
- Lino printed directly onto fabric
- Screen Printed
- Digitally Printed
- Mixture of a digitally printed background with lino or screen print over the top