Collection Development: Putting together final design collectionPosted: April 26, 2017
Today I want to finalise my final collection of 20 samples. The photo on the left shows a pile of lino motifs that I’ve so far included in my designs and the photo on the right shows the linos motifs that I still need to include. I am really happy that I’ve managed to use then all and want to make sure that I continue to mix different lino designs together.
The process of creating the design is a key part of my collection:
- Initial illustrations from my travel photos and sketchbooks
- Developed illustrations
- Hand carve lino motif blocks
- First initial print
- Scan in and digitalise illustrator
- Play around with scale, repeat pattern designs
- Silkscreen print onto fabric
Below is what my final collection of 20 designs looks like at the moment, today I will try and get it all finished ready to expose my design layers onto a screen.