Exhibition Prep: Final Degree Show SpacePosted: May 12, 2017
Final Press Packs: I opted to make my press packs for the degree show slightly different to how they’ve been done in previous years, by sourcing a heavy weight black card folder with pocket insert to secure all of my hand outs in place.
Final Body of work: I have finished labelling up my full body of supporting work for this project. This includes:
- Research File
- 3 Sketchbooks containing illustrative motif development
- Lino Display book showing all of my lino motifs that I have carved and used for my collection
- 2 Technical A3 files, displaying all of my test prints that I have carried out throughout the entirety of the project
- Large fabric test prints of my final hangings
- 4 final mood boards mounted
- Photo album + travel sketchbook from my trip to Rajasthan in 2015.
Degree Show Space: Few images of my final degree show space now that all of the covers have been taken off of my chair, bolster cushions and plinth.
Final Collection of designs: I have created a collection of 20 hand printed samples, predominately made up of screen printed designs and a couple being just lino block printed onto fabric and a few being a mixture of the 2.
- 6 samples: Screen printed designs on Hand dyed fabric (pink and turquoise)
- 5 samples: Screen printed designs on Silk Bamboo Sateen Fabric
- 6 Samples: Screen printed designs on Cotton Sateen Arian Fabric
- 1 Sample: Mixture of lino block print and screen printed design on Cotton Sateen Arian Fabric
- 2 Samples: Lino block print designs on Cotton Sateen Arian Fabric
- 2 designs printed in 2 different alternative colour ways
- 2 Coordinate designs
= 26 hand printed / dyed fabrics that make up my final degree show collection.